ORGANISATION OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS OF CYPRUS
Dear Fred Van Leeuwen,
Regarding to the questions concerning the letter dated 22th February 2010, for consultation in preparation for the 6th EI World Congress we are sending you the following:
- The three key education policy items to be taken up by E.I. and its affiliated in next twenty years are:
Cyber – Harrassment, Cyber bulying.
Good conditions of work for teachers.
Protection of environment.
- The right to education is a human right. So the Governments must adopt the Article 26 at the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Also the Governments must try, although there is economic crisis, to increase the education budgets for a high quality education system contributing to the public benefits.
- To recruitment qualifications and professional development of quality teachers / educators the main challenges are: good remuneration and good conditions at work.
- If the Governments ensure that everybody have the right to Education even that the students have different culture or different social – economic background. Also, if the education sector incorporate in the curriculum, lessons regarding human rights and values.
- Generally the teachers all over the world every day are in conduct with millions of students. So it is very easy for teachers to inform students for a very important subject concerned with humanity. So, the Educational authorities of every country must promote the subject of environment culture. Curricula should be redesigned to stimulate knowledge, skill and values promoting sustainable development.
- As long as the Educational Unions are unified and they agree to a common Educational Policy for demanding basic educational issues targeting to a quality education (without any interfering political aiming), then the voice of teachers will be very strong with positive results for education and generally for the World.
The President The General Secretary
Eleni Semelidou Costas Hadjisavvas
Nicosia, 8th of April 2010.
Αρ. πρωτ. ΣΥΝΕΔΡΙΟ ΒΡΥΞΕΛΛΩΝ(6 ΕΡΩΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΑΠΑΝΤΗΜΕΝΑ)
Τ.Κ. 22159, 1518 ΛΕΥΚΩΣΙΑ
ΤΗΛ. 22- 378480 , 22-379590
ΦΑΞ. 22-379430, 22-379550